Mission To provide adequate socio-economic infrastructure, manage social safety nets and co-ordinate disaster risk reduction awareness programs in the district.
- Establishment and management of health and educational facilities.
- To formulate, implement and monitor the department’s budget.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor the operations of development partners in the district.
- Support and supervision of Health centres and staff.
- Establishment and management of social amenities.
- To recommend grants or donations to charitable organizations and other social clubs as per council’s budget.
- Promotion of cultural and traditional activities, music and art
- Capacity building and awareness creation on public health issues.
- Formulation and establishment of disaster risk reduction committees at various levels in communities.